DATA PROTECTION PROSPECTUS
IT security recommendation to protect your personal data
The purpose of the recommendation is to present the standards of behavior that can help to use the Internet safely, thereby ensuring the protection of the data subject’s personal privacy.
Connection to the Internet and networks
- It is not recommended to use a common Wi-Fi network shared by a friend or neighbor with a computer or mobile phone.
- When using your own home Wi-Fi network, it is important to change the router’s factory default password, either when using a device provided by the service provider or your own.
- The router’s setup password and the password for the network name (SSID) must be different. The user instructions received at the time of purchase or, in the absence of them, the descriptions on the manufacturer’s websites can help to set them up. It is recommended to set passwords of appropriate strength and complexity.
- It is advisable to limit the number of people who have access to home networks, and it is recommended to disable ports that are not in use. The method of banning varies by manufacturer, which can also be helped by the instructions for use received at the time of purchase or, in the absence of these, by the descriptions on the manufacturer’s websites.
Safe device use, data security
- Use different passwords on every device and online interface.
- It is recommended to regularly check that all IT devices (including mobile and entertainment devices) are running the latest version of software and have up-to-date updates.
- It is advisable to enable automatic updates.
- The mobile IT devices provided by your workplace for work (mobile phone, portable computer, etc.) are recommended, taking into account the IT regulations of the workplace, e.g. to family members so that a separate user interface is created for each user.
- When using your own devices, you must also ensure that all other users (e.g. family members) access the device as separate users.
- It is recommended to turn on firewall protection and virus protection on the device used, and at least the manufacturer’s security software provided by Microsoft on machines running the Windows operating system.
- It is recommended to copy data to other data carriers (flash drive, external hard drive) only if necessary, temporarily and in limited quantities.
- Particular attention should also be paid to ensuring that personal data is not placed on the data carriers as much as possible.
- It is recommended to use only a VPN service made by a well-known manufacturer in order to protect private data traffic.
- It is recommended to use only applications from trusted sources.
- It is recommended to open only trusted links in your browser.
- Opening suspicious, excessively attention-grabbing, threatening links and attachments is dangerous.
IT security in connection with the management of personal data
- Care must be taken to ensure that your personal and health data do not become known to others during electronic correspondence.
- Before transmitting personal and health data electronically, it is recommended to encrypt said data (e.g. using a zip file with a password)
- Do not post your personal and health information or similar information about another person on social media.
- On public websites, make sure that before providing your personal data, your personal consent is requested regarding the processing of your data, and whether the Data Management Information is available.
- In the event of deficiencies, personal needs or complaints experienced during the handling of your personal data, please contact the data controller, its data protection officer, or you can also contact the National Authority for Freedom of Information. You can always find details in the data controller’s Data Management Information.